Steven has a broad commercial practice at the Bar, encompassing advice and appearances at both trial and appellate level in all jurisdictions.
- Through his articles and time as a solicitor, Steven developed a thorough and practical comprehension of business operation and commercial transactions through acting for small and medium-sized enterprises and joint venture partnerships, and by providing complex advice on tax-effective restructuring, corporate reconstruction, and commercial transactions.
- In recent years, Steven has taught the College of Law’s two day Advocacy Workshops. For his first 10 years at the Bar he taught State Revenue Law, Company Practice, Commercial Settlements and Trusts Law for the Leo Cussen Centre for Law.
- He has also lectured for the Taxation Institute of Australia in subjects such as structures, individual taxation, and loans (among others). Steven has also been employed sessionally for Civil Procedure at Monash University and the Australian Catholic University.
Pro Bono Practice
- Steven’s practice is enriched through his acceptance of pro bono referrals through Justice Connect and his participation as lecturer and chair for Legalwise seminars.
- Steven devotes considerable time to the Kew Neighbourhood Learning Centre Board of Management as the Board’s President. Steven is also a volunteer for the Cancer Council of Australia.