Since signing the Bar Roll, Rolf’s practice has focused particularly on discrimination and equal opportunity, professional disciplinary hearings and occupational licensing and regulatory offences.
- Rolf was previously a solicitor in general private practice and Community Legal Centres in Melbourne and Geelong and an Associate to a County Court Judge, including a period spent at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- He also worked on Freedom of Information for a non-governmental organisation in Johannesburg and was Education Officer at the University of Melbourne Post-Graduate Association.
- Rolf has delivered presentations to solicitors on Freedom of Information, the Victorian Charter of Rights and Statutory Interpretation.
- He has also had considerable experience as a teacher and researcher in law at various tertiary educational institutions in Melbourne and regional Victoria, in subjects including Employment and Industrial Law and Commercial Law.
- Butterworth v Independence Australia Services  VCAT 2056 (“Reasonable Adjustments” for Employee with Disability)
- Kulta Group v Melbourne CC  VCAT 180 ( For intervenor in support of Planning Permit Refusal regarding site subject to Heritage Overlay
- MZYPZ v Minister for Immigration and Citizenship  FCA 478 (Judicial Review of Migration Review Tribunal’s refusal, in application for Spousal Visa, to review previous findings of Refugee Review Tribunal in application for Protection Visa)
- Hyatt v Covalea  VSC 334 ( Application for provision under will pursuant to Part IV of Probate and Administration Act )
- Stevenson v Murdoch Community Services Inc  202 IR 266,  FCA 648 (Unlawful Termination of employment because of temporary absence from work whilst ill )
- MZXTU v Minister for Immigration  FMCA 66 (Judicial Review of refusal of Protection Visa sought for persecution on basis of membership of particular social group)
- TSB v Secretary to the Department of Justice  VCAT 1785 (Grant of Working With Children Act Assessment Notice)
Publications and articles
He has published on Labour Law and Freedom of Information in Australia, South Africa and Kenya.